I have been thinking and I believe at least part of the reason I have been losing interest in World of Warcraft lately is because I really don’t have a focus. By the end of Wrath I had a fairly strict daily routine and quite a few goals I was working toward. I was doing certain dailies without fail and making as much gold as I possibly could, all while racing to get all of my characters to 80 before Cataclysm hit. Now that the initial shiny new toy feeling is fading from Cataclysm, I find myself logging in, standing around and then inevitably logging out to go play the Sims or watch a movie. I don’t have any kind of routine (other than making Dreamcloth once a week) and I hadn’t set any new post-Cataclysm goals for myself. A little more focus is never a bad thing, so I have compiled a new WoW -To Do- List to help me manage my play time a little more and hopefully entice me to actually log in! I do love working toward a goal!
1. Get every character on Terenas to level 85. This may seem like a large task, but I don’t think it will be. I have one of every class, 3 are already 85, 1 is 83, 4 are level 80, 1 is level 60 and 1 is level 51. It’s going to take me some time of course, but I really enjoy questing (which is probably why I have so many characters) so this will be my main focus over the next little while.
2. Make 500,000g. I haven’t been trying to make gold at all really in the last month or so, but I would like to get back into it! I currently have around 120k, but I am hoping through leveling all my characters and starting to utilize their professions more, making another 380k won’t be that hard.
3. Level Inscription on the Alliance. I already have 2 level 450 scribes, but they are both Horde on different servers. I am thinking my new Death Knight would make a good Scribe…
4. PvP at level 85. I’m not sure who I want to be my PvP character, but I would like to try to get back into it on someone! I really liked being a level 19 Shockadin, but that doesn’t really work at level 85, so I’m thinking maybe my Death Knight.
5. Get my Armadillo Pup pet. My guild is sitting around 20k out of 50k critters killed for the achievement, but I am going to attempt to finish that up this weekend!
6. Get the Loremaster of Cataclysm achievement on my main (Alliance Paladin).
7. Experience all the new Cataclysm Dungeons. I still have yet to see about half of them.
8. Finish leveling Tailoring on my Priest. My Paladin is already a Tailor, but my Priest was also sitting around 350 Tailoring from back in BoP BC cloth epic days. I figured having another 525 Tailor wouldn’t hurt and would give me more Dreamcloth to work with every week! She’s now at 413 Tailoring, but Frostweave is scarce, so I’ll have to do some cloth farming.
9. Get a level 85 Horde character of every class. This is going to be a long term goal because I still have a fair ways to go! I have 3 level 80 Hordies and 1 level 71, but other than that the rest are still all below level 60.
10. Finish Archaeology. This will take forever and unless they change it, I’ll probably never get it done, but I still plan on trying!
Have you set goals for your characters since Cataclysm came out? How has your focus changed since Wrath? What kind of goals do you have, if you have any?
Thanks for Reading!
Miss Mediocre <3